TEXTBOOKS: I buy current textbooks year-round. If there are no current buying hours listed below, please call before coming to confirm that the Textbook Buyer is in. 215-230-3850. If you would like a quote on your textbooks, you can email titles and ISBN#s to email@example.com. (We do not do online quotes for non-textbooks.) Generally speaking, we pay more than campus bookstores, but less than you would get by selling them yourself. Condition requirements for textbooks are less strict than for other books.
-ALL OTHER BOOKS: I buy non-textbook books every other month. No appointment necessary–you just need to come during the Buying Hours listed below.
FEBRUARY BUYING HOURS:
Check back at the end of January for the February Buying Hours.
NON-TEXTBOOK BUYING GUIDELINES:
Mostly I buy recent books published within the past 4 or 5 years, plus classics and some older books that are still sellable.
- I buy clean, smoke-free books in new or near-new condition.
- As a general guideline, I pay $1-2 for most hardcovers and 50 cents for most pocket paperbacks. I pay a bit more for art books, recent cookbooks, and books currently on the bestseller list. For most children’s books, I pay $1 for hardcovers and 50 cents for paperbacks.
- For popular, commercial authors like John Grisham, James Patterson, Danielle Steele, etc., I do NOT buy hardcovers unless they are that author’s most recent book.
- If you take store credit instead of cash, you get twice as much.
- DONATIONS are welcome, and if you are donating books, I’m not picky about them! You can bring anything, in any quantity, whenever you want. We have a Donation Bin located in the parking lot, which is accessed from West Court Street. Thanks!
BEFORE DRIVING A LONG DISTANCE OR TRANSPORTING A LARGE QUANTITY OF BOOKS TO **SELL,** PLEASE CALL AND SPEAK TO JESSICA TO MAKE SURE YOUR BOOKS ARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT BUY.